Apply for Funding - NSW
The Local Buying Foundation (LBF) in New South Wales has two funding methods available for supporting projects and initiatives. These include:
- Funds allocated via a competitive funding round through completing an LBF Funding Application form. Funding will be allocated on the basis of alignment with
the Foundation’s objectives and an assessment against the Foundation’s funding criteria.
- Funds allocated based on the identification of strategic projects and programs aligned to the priority areas of the
foundation by the Local Buying Foundation Advisory Committee (LBFAC). These may be competitive or non-competitive, depending on whether the LBFAC decides to grant an exemption for organisations that are a clear logical
choice to deliver a particular program.
To apply for LBF funding in New South Wales, submissions must meet the following criteria:
- the project must benefit businesses in targeted areas (NSW - Muswellbrook, Singleton and/or the Upper Hunter Shires)
- the submission is not for a commercial business grant or not to be considered to be similar to a commercial business grant
- the project has not already occurred and funds are not being sought retrospectively
- all other criteria as outlined in the NSW LBF Public Guidelines
In addition to being aligned with the objectives of the Foundation, programs, projects and initiatives will be assessed according to criteria which will include:
- Impact - number of people or size of the area directly affected; benefit for the majority and not a select few individuals within the community; potential for replication if successful; potential to build community capacity (short and long term)
- Sustainability - the ability for the program to become self-sustaining in a reasonable time frame and not require ongoing financial commitments; long term benefit focused on future generations; avoids creation of 'dependency'
- Cost Effectiveness – benefits compared to the costs of the project; consideration of the administrative time to implement/monitor/support project; ability to leverage funds through other sources; consideration of percentage of project required to be funded by LBF
- Alignment and Practicality - meets the aims or supports government objectives / programs; capacity of the implementing partner to deliver; ease and/or speed of implementation; probability of success; commitment level from project partner/other stakeholders; complexity of project; proposed time frame
- Project Agility/Flexibility - ability to respond to changing needs; ability to respond to program performance; identified risk management strategies
Successful applicants will be required to adhere to the NSW LBF Public Guidelines and submit Funding Evaluation Reports online.
Project Variations require the completion of the Project Variation form online here.
In New South Wales there are four (4) funding rounds per year. Closing dates for this year's applications are below:
NSW ROUND ONE
25 January 2018
NSW ROUND TWO
27 April 2018
NSW ROUND THREE
27 July 2018
NSW ROUND FOUR
26 October 2018
All submissions are assessed at the quarterly LBFAC meetings.
For more information, contact the Local Buying Foundation Project Officer on 0418 296 583 or firstname.lastname@example.org.